19.9.11

Prologue - circumstances

There are many "things" that factor into decisions that we make: events of the past, people that we meet, sights and places we have seen, music we listen to at a given moment. When all these "accidental things" align at a specific point in time, when all the stars are in place, a little miracle happens. We are presented with a thought, and then a choice. A birth of a new possibility, a new life.

This trip was made possible in large part thanks to my middle brother, Michal, who was in Paris four years ago on an exchange program. He has made some great friends back then who have now introduced me to the Paris life and are taking good care to make sure I am not lost or alone. I am very lucky to have two older brothers, to be able to see and learn about things before experiencing them on my own.

There were other "things" that affected my decision (finishing school, summer program in Paris), but I do not wish to dwell on them. I am happy to be here now. And I am excited for what's to come.

As I write about this part of my life I hope that you, the reader, will enjoy my ponderings and gain something from your visit.
All the best to you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment